Customer TestimonialsPlease also see the conference and journal papers about our systems published by our customers.
"Pre and post-test data demonstrated that students, aided by ePIV as well as Flowcoach, achieved practically and statistically significant growth in their mastery of course content during the fall semesters of both years...Students' outcomes provided evidence that the ePIV/Flowcoach systems were effective in assisting students' understanding of the principles of PIV techniques and relevant fluid dynamics theories. Students' scores on lab reports showed evidence for acquisition of skill and knowledge related to the overall lab implementation goals. Students' growth between pre and post tests was substantial both for knowledge as measured and for their confidence ratings of that knowledge. Survey results demonstrated that as a result of the ePIV/Flowcoach labs, students could conduct experiments and analyze the ePIV/Flowcoach results to gain increased understanding of fluid physics." Int. J. Aerodynamics, Vol. 2, Nos. 2/3/4, 2012
"In my many years of teaching cardiovascular physiology, including concepts of blood flow and hemodynamics, I have noticed that it is very challenging to teach fluid mechanics in hemodynamics. Your Hemoflow System will develop novel ways to teach these concepts which allow for direct visualization of concepts through relevant and realistic flow models." Professor Partho Sengupta, MD, Mount Sinai Medical School, New York.
"An overwhelming majority of students indicated an increase in their understanding of fluid mechanics, PIV, and aneurysmal hemodynamics. Students comments were highly enthusiastic about the Flowcoach and Hemoflow project, and hands-on learning in general." Professor David Frakes, Biomedical Engineering Department, Arizona State University.
Here is what some of the students said about our Educational Interactive Flow Visualization & Analysis Systems (Courtesy of Arizona State University):
- 'I loved the class; at one point I was doubting my interest in biomedical engineering. The fact that you are doing a hands on experiment/project showed what type of situation you will deal with in the real world.'
- 'I really liked learning about CFD and Flowcoach. It was fascinating to be able to visualize how fluids flow through different objects and be able to analyze that data.'
- 'I liked seeing an actual experiment and applying it to real life fluid dynamics within a blood vessel.'
- 'I really liked how we were able to make actual models of the velocity profiles of the fluid flow through an aneurysm and visualizing what actually takes place inside the aneurysm.'
- 'It was great to look at flows through aneurysms and understand qualitatively and visually how fluid dynamics works.'
- 'I really liked working with Flowcoach and found it very interesting and can see how it would be useful in the future for bioengineers.'
Here is what some of the students said about our Educational Interactive Flow Visualization & Analysis Systems (Courtesy of University of Iowa):
- 'The hands on experience was very informal, especially the ePIV' 'It helped in the understanding of the wake of an object and the turbulence that forms'
- 'Using the different features of the ePIV system was extremely interesting and allowed students to see firsthand the flow of fluids. It gave a much more visual lesson than simply reading or hearing about it'
- ' it was nice to see how all the different settings in FLOWEX software affected the picture. It definitely gave us a good idea how liquid flows around a material'
- 'The ePIV was easy to use and understand' 'The lab was enjoyable and I look forward to more hands on experience'
- 'The ePIV system showed us the future of how fluids will be analyzed'
- 'Fluid flow imagery with ePIV was , and greatly increased comprehension of Reynolds number topics'
- ' ePIV equipment allows for clear observable results to be made'
- 'This experiment was a lot of fun. I enjoyed and the ePIV analysis. The software was easy to work with and the lab equipment was very user-friendly'
- 'The FLOWEX software interface for the ePIV system was very user friendly and easy to understand'
- ' it was interesting to actually analyze the flow in the system. It definitely gave us a better idea how liquid flows by putting everything in data form '
- 'The ePIV system was very fascinating and I think more experiments using that device would be very advantageous'
- ' being able to visualize the physical properties at work was very beneficial'
- ' to work with ePIV flows which I feel more confident with the more I see'
- ' The ePIV system also enabled me to see the velocity magnitude contours, which as a hazy concept before this experience'
- 'The ePIV in this lab actually was of some use which is not what has accrued in the last labs. It allowed me to actually see how a fluid flows around an airfoil at different angles. Having a picture of what we were calculating allowed me to better understand what I was actually calculating. All the different plots also, made it easier to see what was happening as the liquid was passed over the airfoil. Overall I found this lab to a success and gave me an overall better understanding of the fluid mechanics'