THERMOFLOW™ for Interactive Heat & Flow Visualization & Analysis in Classroom or Laboratory
Please click quote to request a quote.
- Comes with FLOWEX™ Software.
- Heat transfer, Laminar, Transition & Turbulent Flow Visualization.
- Temperature, Flow Rate & Pressure Measurement with digital user friendly multi-channel display, controller and data acqusition system.
- Heat Transfer & Fluid mechanics principles can be studied with different Interchangeable Heated Flow Model Inserts or user can design custom Flow Model Inserts.
- FLIR Thermal Imaging Camera provides dynamic global temperature visualization of the flow and flow model insert.
- Global Flow Field Velocity Measurement with Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV).
- Integrated LED based miniPIV system with digital camera for PIV flow visualization and analysis.
- Transient & Steady State Flow Fields.
- Portable. Take it into any classroom.
- Ability to vary flow speed dynamically studying flow speed effect on heat transfer & fluid flow phenomena.
- Add seeding for flow visualization & particle image velocimetry.
- Ability to increase the PIV seeding density on the fly.
- Water or Air flow or a combination of both.
- Add or remove air bubbles dynamically during experiment for great visualization and analysis.
- Self cleaning flow model. Don't have to open the flow model to clean the surfaces.
- Software can support multiple video formats which means the user can use their own digital camera for flow visualization and PIV analysis.
- Add color.
- Quiet operation.
- Automatic control of the heater with built in temperature limits and safety features.
- Interactive & highly visual.
- Easy to use and set up.
- Optional miniLDV system add on.
Example test results for 80mm x 80mm (5mm deep channel) flow model array insert:
- Flow rate = 2 lt/min (Valve fully open)
- Heated insert temperature = 92°C
- Inlet air temperature = 22°C
- Outlet air temperature = 27°C
- Flow rate = 4 lt/min (Valve fully open)
- Heated insert temperature = 36°C
- Inlet water temperature = 23°C
- Outlet water temperature = 24°C
Please note that customers can design and make their own inserts or contact our Custom Design Service
*PC is not included
*Displayed image/video and standard inserts may change with design changes.